CubicWeb - The Semantic Web is a construction game!
CubicWeb is a semantic web application framework, licensed under the LGPL,
that empowers developers to efficiently build web applications by reusing
components (called cubes) and following the well known object-oriented design
Its main features are:
- an engine driven by the explicit data model of the application,
- a query language named RQL similar to W3C’s SPARQL,
- a selection+view
mechanism for semi-automatic XHTML/XML/JSON/text generation,
- a library of reusable components (data model and views) that
fulfill common needs,
- the power and flexibility of the Python programming language,
- the reliability of SQL databases, LDAP directories, Subversion and Mercurial
for storage backends.
Built since 2000 from an R&D effort still continued, supporting 100,000s of
daily visits at some production sites, CubicWeb is a proven end to end solution
for semantic web application development that promotes quality, reusability and
The unbeliever will read the Tutorials.
The hacker will join development at the forge.
The impatient developer will move right away to Installation of a CubicWeb environment then to Set-up of a CubicWeb environment.
The chatter lover will join the jabber forum, the mailing-list and the blog.