- an engine driven by the explicit data model of the application,
- a query language named RQL similar to W3C’s SPARQL,
- a selection+view mechanism for semi-automatic XHTML/XML/JSON/text generation,
- a library of reusable components (data model and views) that fulfill common needs,
- the power and flexibility of the Python programming language,
- the reliability of SQL databases, LDAP directories, Subversion and Mercurial for storage backends.
Built since 2000 from an R&D effort still continued, supporting 100,000s of daily visits at some production sites, CubicWeb is a proven end to end solution for semantic web application development that promotes quality, reusability and efficiency.